The North and South Fork of Long Island are as festive as ever. The Montauk Lighthouse is decorated in holiday lights, as well as the windmills throughout the Hamlets of the Hamptons. Tree lightings have occurred, libation tastings are being had at some of the wineries and distilleries and local artists, artisans and makers are gleefully putting together their orders for the Holidays or for a Fair. I hope you find this list helpful which is in no specific order and wish you all a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy Shopping!
- The Hamptons & Long Island Homegrown Cookbook by Leanne Lavin. Featuring Local Food, Local Restaurants and Local Recipes. This book takes the reader on a private tour of outstanding chefs & artisanal growers of the Hamptons & Long Island. I have a copy of this book and is a beautiful addition to my local cookbook collection. Great book for the general cookbook collector or lover of the Hamptons and North Fork food scene.
- Mali B. Sweets creates the most beautiful and tasty cakes and confections. They are located in the heart of Greenport Village where I happened to walk into their shop when they were busy putting together their holiday orders. Beautiful boxes of chocolate caramels, truffles, dipped orange peel cookies, nuts, chocolates bars, marshmallows and variety brittle filled these boxes from floor to ceiling. It is no surprise how busy they were as everything in this shop visually looks delicious and the flavors and varieties are sensational. Location: 130 Front Street, Greenport, New York 631.477.6762. Open 8am-9pm Daily.
- Pine Barrens Whiskey is the first American Single-Malt Whiskey created in collaboration by two artisan legacys Long Island Spirits Distillery and Blue Point Brewery. Instead of creating this liquor from a mash, Long Island Spirits uses Blue Point’s Old Howling Bastard, a 10% barley wine and a
regional favorite. This is sweet and smooth and can stand up to your most well regarded brands. I am sending a bottle to my dear friend Bill in San Francisco who is a connoisseur of Single-Malt Whiskeys and I look forward to his opinion. Pine Barrens Whisky comes in 375 milliliter bottles and is sold at Long Island Spirits. Location: 2182 Sound Avenue, Baiting Hollow, N.Y. 631.630.9322. Mon-Thu 10am-4pm, Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 11am-7pm, Sun 11am-6pm
- Briermere Farms Pies. Folks line up early for these pies as they sell out early. If you need to bring a delicious edible gift that is sure to make folks go, "Yum" Briermere Farms Pies is the way to go. Christmas Pie List: Apple, Apple Crisp, Blueberry, Blackberry, Blackberry Apple, Cherry, Peach, Peach Cherry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Pear, Raspberry, Raspberry Peach, Raspberry Plum, Pumpkin, Cherry Cream, Blueberry Cream, Raspberry Cream, Chocolate Cream. Prices range from $15.00 - $22 depending on the pie. Located at 4414 Sound Avenue, Riverhead. Open Daily Until Dec. 24th, From 9am-5pm. Christmas Eve Hours: 8am-2pm. 631.722.3931
- Patty's Berries and Bunches Pure Local Honey and Edible Pepper Wreaths. You can pick up some of Patty's honey from her hives as well as these clever holiday dried pepper wreaths. Once the holiday season is over use these dried peppers throughout the year in your cooking. Location: 410 Sound Avenue, Mattituck, NY. 631.298.4679
- Amagansett Sea Salts. Artisanal sea salts made entirely by hand in small batches
from seawater harvested directly from our local sea waters of the Atlantic Ocean in Amagansett and then solar-evaporated to the perfect flavor and consistency, while retaining the natural flavors and nutrients of the ocean. I have tried the Montauk blend on top of seared scallops as a finishing salt and was fabulous. 631.731.3053
- Edible East End. Edible East End is published five times a year and celebrates the harvest and artisans of the Hamptons and North Fork. Read about the farmers, fishers, winemakers, chefs, bakers, cheesemakers, beekeepers, and the out east food community of Long Island. They also offer subscriptions for Edible Brooklyn and Edible Manhattan. 631.537.4637
- Balsam Farms Gift Card. This is a great way to Support Your Local Farmer and bring healthy and fresh produce, jarred goods, flowers and anything else at the farm stand to anyone on your list! Makes a wonderful and practical holiday gift for teachers, summer tenants and of course, your friends and family. Location: Town Ln & Windmill Ln Amagansett, NY. 631.316.8784
- Southampton Soaps. We all know you are what you eat but we are as well what we cleanse with! Their soaps are 100% natural using plant-derived ingredients to insure a cleansing experience that is beautiful as well as pure and gentle enough for even the most delicate, sensitive skin. They use local, organic additives whenever possible. If you don’t live locally, you may call them at 631.259.3898 to place an order or visit their etsy shop.
- Sweet 'Tauk Holiday Fair. All handmade East End products from local artists, artisans and makers. Sweet 'Tauks own products are 100% natural lemonade which is squeezed and mixed fresh using organic, seasonal & local ingredients and lightly sweetened with raw agave nectar. Open: Mon-Thurs 11-1pm, Fri, Sat, Sun & Christmas Eve Monday: 11-5pm Location: 34 South Etna Ave, Montauk, NY